Friday, February 3, 2017

The L Class River Patrol Boat (Last Stand Boatyard)

It's been a little while so I thought I would do a quick blog on the latest boat builds.  This is focused on the L Class River Patrol boat in 28mm.  I have been getting requests for small boats for use in Congo and Pulp battles so here I go.  I built one of these before and it seems to be getting some attention.  So I just completed three that you will see here.

I am planning on going to Recon 2017 in Orlando in May and will be bringing more of these and of the smaller stern wheeler you will see on the next blog hopefully by next week.

Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions for new designs, please keep them coming.

This model is slightly under 11" long (55') with a 3" beam (15').  It is screw propulsion and single decked.  Great for fighting in the Sudan, Darkest Africa or on some river in South America.

Hopefully after the next two production builds I can finally get to my 15mm plans.  You should also see a short version of my Gunboat and Dhow rules soon.  I will blog out a battle specifically on how the new rules that will be a TSATF variant work.

I hope you enjoy the build pictures and comments.
Last Stand Dan

And of course these boats are available from the Last Stand Boatyard.  Message me with any questions.













4 comments:

wackmole9 said...

He's alive!!!! The rumors of his abduction by space aliens is untue.

Sgt. Guinness said...

They look awesome! Gotta get me one of those.
JB

Stewart said...

Are you going to Historicon this year?

Mad Guru said...

Dan, they all look FANTASTIC!!!